Uninsured Motorist Coverage

At Anderson & Lopez we are frequently asked whether someone needs Uninsured Motorist Coverage and Under Insured Motorist Coverage (referred to as UM/UIM) and if so why? UM/UIM coverages protect you if you are injured by a driver that either does not have auto insurance or does not have enough insurance to cover the damages caused. Unfortunately, in Colorado people are able to drive with as little as $25,000 in single-limits insurance coverage. This means that for one individual injured there is only $25,000 to pay for the damages caused. This does not go far at all with the cost of care and treatment. We often see bills exceeding $25,000 for just an ambulance ride to the emergency room, a few imaging studies at the emergency room and then and being released. Even worse, a significant number of drivers are out on the road with no insurance at all. For this reason we strongly suggest you always carry UM/UIM insurance. Hurt in an accident? Call Anderson & Lopez at (719) 471-1818